Friday, November 10, 2006

Updated TK Training and Materials

TK5 Basic Training has been updated to include all the new features of the software. The web site includes the new training document. It's now 66 pages. You'll see that the TK/Excel Toolkit gets a lot more attention. An introduction to the variety of different solvers has been greatly expanded.

I've been doing TK Training for 20 years and the Basic class has always been an intense one-day session. You basically learn a programming language in a day. Fortunately, TK is so well structured that it's mostly a matter of learning how to create and combine objects. The hardest part I suppose is choosing the best approach to take in solving a problem, because there are usually several valid paths. Do I list solve or create a function? Do I use the Iterative Solver or the Optimizer?

The recent trend is to handle training in a series of short web-based sessions using Live Meeting. If you haven't had a Live Meeting session with us yet, give it a try. We can set one up at a moment's notice in most cases. I use them for tech calls too. I get the biggest kick from users of TK4 who never upgraded to TK5 and see it in a Live Meeting. The response is usually something like "Why didn't you tell me I could have been doing that?" Hey, TK can do so much more than most people think it can... and it's not hard to learn. Call us for training or a Live Meeting and get caught up!

amazing 

counters
Dell Computer Deals