Monday, October 29, 2007

To quickly introduce myself. . .

Since this is my first official post, I’m leaning towards formality. No doubt that will dissipate as we get to know one another. My name is Amy, and my job at UTS is to. . .well, it’s kind of an all-purpose thing. Basically, if there’s something to be written, I write it. As I reread up to this point, it appears that formality has already gone out the window. But I digress.

Here’s what you can expect from my posts: information about upcoming events, new software and commentary on issues that pertain to the industry. On occasion, I’ll share some entertaining, sometimes colorful tales from my trip around the scientific/engineering/statistical/software learning curve. For example, though I’d been successfully turning on computers for 20+ years, on my first full day at UTS I turned to our resident hardware expert for an assist, because I couldn't get my computer running. I quickly (humbly) realized that pressing the button that makes the CD drive open (which, in my defense, was stuck) is not conducive to getting the computer up and running. Crisis averted!

In my next post, I intend to discuss the relationship between engineering, globalization and knowledge management. I’d love to hear your thoughts on the matter. I’m also open to suggestions for other, industry-relevant topics.

amazing 

counters
Dell Computer Deals